Basic Payment Application
The Basic Payment (BP) application is now the most important administration task on all active farms. This application is a prerequisite for all direct payment schemes including:
- Basic Payment Scheme
- Basic Payment Scheme National Reserve
- Young Farmer Scheme National Reserve
- Green Low-Carbon Agri-Environment Scheme (GLAS)
- Areas of Natural Constraints Scheme (ANC)
- Grassland Sheep Scheme
- Knowledge Transfer Programme
- Targeted Modernisation Scheme (TAMS II)
Greentrack uses the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM) “on line” application facility as an approved agent. The BP on line application is processed without delay and queries can be dealt with efficiently through the on line system, thus avoiding payment delays. From 2018 onwards the Department will not accept paper applications.
Basic Payment entitlements are specific to each farmer and are based on the reference years of 2013, 2014 and 2015. Entitlements can now be traded on the open market but one eligible hectare of land is required to trigger each entitlement. Greentrack facilitates the trading of entitlements.